Saturday, March 04, 2006

We so often speak poorly of today's youth - no manners, spoiled, no soul and lacking in appreciation. I met a young man in front of my favourite civic building (Clearbrook Library) who reminded me that in falling into this trap I was acting in the say way as the people and system I complain about labeling us 'homeless' and treating us all the same. But as I say along came this young man to remind me just how varied a bunch we humans are - defying easy labels. I must admit I was surprised by his youth, generosity and sincere spirituality.

With a wisdom that seems beyond his years, he left me with a thought I have come to have a truer understanding of over this past few years. In thinking about the homeless and those in need I felt I should share his:

Something to think about ...

"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:36

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home